Monday, September 5, 2011

TED and Spoken Word Meet

At the 2011 TED Conference, Sarah Kay was invited to speak. She is a fantastic Spoken Word Poetry artist who I think deserves some attention. Unlike the previous TED video I posted - which was technical, this "talk" is more artistic and heart-felt. I was moved by spoken word poetry for the first time earlier this summer when I ran across the young man who performed at the White House. I was watching a variety of TED talks this weekend and found this young woman. Again, I was moved. I think the teacher in me related to the teacher in her and the artist in me related to the artist in her. I found several of the other talks interesting and also moving - but this one was my favorite. I hope you enjoy it and my next post will take us back to my male singer kick! :)

It is a bit long... so wait until you have 20 minutes!

1 comment: